[dropcap]H[/dropcap]ere is the instruction to setup Dolby 5.1 on Realtek Driver Audio Manager. It basically unlocks the Dolby 5.1 on the new Realtek Driver Mananger. Tried it on my system, and it seems to be delivering a wonderful Dolby 5.1 Surround.
The process was checked on Windows 8.1, but, the drivers are expected to work on windows 7 too.
Start gathering the following to set up Dolby 5.1 on Realtek Driver Audio Manager,
1. Download Realtek High Definition Drivers R2.73 from this location. R2.73 Realtek High Definition Drivers
2. Get unlocked versions of R2.73 drivers from this location. techpowerup.com
3. Get DSEO13b.exe from this location. Since it is a unlocked version, you might need to register the divers first on the OS. www.ngohq.com
4. You might need to put your OS into a test mode to set this up. Doing that would put a water mark on your wallpaper, and in case you prefer removing it, you need My_WCP_WaterMark_Editor.exe from this location. http://www.softpedia.com
Steps for setting up Dolby 5.1 on Realtek Driver Audio Manager:
1. Begin by uninstalling the current Realtek audio drivers, and reboot.
2. Next continue with installing the new official R2.73 drivers and restart your computer.
3. Open up a command prompt and run the below commands sequentially. You might need to run the command prompt as an Administrator.
[box type=”info” align=”aligncenter” ]bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON[/box]
4. Now, extract the .SYS Drivers from the archive that you downloaded, and then run dseo13b.exe. Choose the option that says, sign in and follow the simple instructions. This will sign the unlocked .SYS driver on your System
5. Next copy/move the the signed driver into C:\WINDOWS\SYTSTEM32\DRIVERS. Accept to replace the existing file.
6. Reboot the computer
7. And, when you search/open the realtek audion manager, you would see a dobly tab enabled. Go to that tab and set Dolby to on.
8. Voila you got Dolby 5.1 on Realtek Driver Audio Manager
9. If need be use MY_WCP_WATERMARK_EDITOR.exe to remove the test watermark on the wallpaper. Restart computer.
10. Next visit audio playback devices by right clikcing on the volume icon on the taskbar, and set the RealTek speakers as default device. Or, in case you are gaming, set the optical output with 5.1 Dolby as a default device.
Setting up Dolby 5.1 on Realtek Driver Audio Manager is done!